Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Why I Vote

It's election time again and just like the last election 3 years ago, I was a breastfeeding mom. It's an effort to prepare to leave the house to vote, pumping and endorsing the kids to the yayas, not knowing exactly what time I'll be back, but I am glad I did it.

I vote because I want to set a good example for my kids, that one should make an effort to do one's civic duty and let his/her voice be heard. I want my kids to grow up caring about the issues around him / her even when it can be tempting to just be apathetic. I want them to feel blessed that we are in a country where our voices are heard. Yes, it may just be one vote, and chances are not all the people you vote for would win. What is important is you made your stand and commit to do what it takes to be part of something, in this case, choosing the leaders for our country.

Bry and I are still assigned in different precincts  but by the next election, we plan transfer to the same precint so that eventually all 5 of us (with the kids) will be able to vote together. Hopefully there will be more improvements in the election process by the time it's their turn

No comments:

Post a Comment