Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just Do it!

(belated) Happy Mother's Day ... :)

I always wanted to be a mom.  When we had Ben, I realized what a challenge motherhood can be.  Still, Bry and I wanted to give Ben a sibling.  What we weren't expecting was that Ben will have not just 1 but 2 sisters :)

Family and friends have been asking me how  we manage handling 3 kids.  That has always been my concern ever since I found out I was pregnant.  Now I realize, no matter how much we prepare for parenthood, sometimes you just have to trust your instincts and just do it.  The same goes with breastfeeding the twins. I    take things a day at a time, thankful for each day that the kids are fed and healthy.  Breastfeeding is working for me because it makes me consciously think of the twins even when there's a tendency for their brother to monopolize my time and attention.  There are moments when I feel so overwhelmed I'd cry but somehow the Lord is able to give me that extra burst of energy when I need it the most. 

What also gives me strength is that I am lucky enough to be surrounded my supermoms who inspire me.  They are there when I need a boost and when I think of them, I'd tell myself, if they can do it, then I can, too.

I must admit, there are times when I wish the kids will grow up a bit faster so they can be independent, but I know once they do I'll miss this stage in their lives.  We love you, Ben, Bree and Bea.  May you love each other as much as your dad and I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment