Saturday, February 14, 2015

(Finally) Nappy-free Ben :)

At last, Finally, Bry and I can say that Ben is diaper free for 2 months already.  Yes, I know this milestone for ahia is quite late compared to other kids but nevertheless we are proud of him (and of us), haha!

We've been planning Ben to be diaper free for the longest time.  It's hard not to compare yourself with other kids and parents who were able to do it earlier.  Ben has been toilet trained during the day and his naps for a very long time but during the night, it's another story.  It's actually my fault.  The twins still keep on waking up at night and I don't want to do anything to disrupt Ben's
uninterrupted sleep.  It was a good thing Bry decided to put his foot down and said that we might as well start already because that's the only way we're going to get it done.

We had many rough nights, and I'm sure there will be a lot more along the way.  I admit, I still feel bad that we have to wake Ben up in the middle of the night just to pee.  Still, I think he feels all grow-up with this milestone.  Just in time for big school, too.

Anyway, here is what we've been trying to do to help Ben stay happy and nappy free.

* Less liquids after 8:30pm in the hopes that he pees most of if before bedtime
* Making him go to the bathroom 3x as he gets ready for Ben to really empty his bladder
* Waking him up in the middle of the night at least once just to pee.  He has to be awake enough to walk to the bathroom to be able to pee something.



* Extra towels and a mattress protector for accidents.  Thank goodness, my brother and his friends import bed and bath linens! 

So that's basically it.  If you need to read more about bedtime toilet training, below is a link from Dr. Sears that I found quite helpful - http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/health-concerns/sleep-problems/bedwetting/8-steps-dry-nights

No comments:

Post a Comment