Friday, January 9, 2015

My Theme for 2015

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I've been thinking of how to challenge myself this year, and after much thought, here it goes ...

During the recent parent teacher conferences, the kids' teachers and I discussed how being consistent in both at home and school has helped them (the kids) reached their milestones.  With Ben, we do our best to have a united front when it comes to encouraging him to regulate his emotions and with packing away.  With Bree, we have to constantly remind her to be open to new experiences and trust the adults in the classroom.  With Bea, we see much improvement with her verbal skills by making sure she uses her words and not just gestures.  We're taking baby steps but we are slowly making progress with each of them.  

Being consistent may seem simple but it's not that easy.  When Bry and I make rules for the kids, there are times when we had to have a long discussion before we agree on them.  Sometimes, it's tempting to bend the rules a bit when we are in a hurry or to make things more convenient.  It's an effort to look at the big picture and remind ourselves to stick to the plan.

Anyway, so this year, that will be my theme.  I will try to be consistent, as a wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, employee and counselor.  I will follow through with the rules, plans and goals that Bry and I have set for our family.  It may not be much but I pray that by doing so we can be quiet but positive influences towards the people around us.

How about you? What's your theme for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment