"I like it here." said our little master during our first afternoon at Shangrila Resort in Boracay. We were blessed to have been invited to a wedding there last month and really enjoyed our stay. I am so thankful Bry decided that we book a room there to make things easier since I am pregnant. Here are some of the many reasons why we liked it there:
1. Hassle free transfers - we were well taken cared from from the time we arrived at the airport. The jetty ride to the resort was fast and rather fun. The staff made sure our luggages were all accounted for.
2. Personalized Service - From the moment we checked in, the staff addressed us as Mr. and Mrs. Tan. They did this even during the reception. Our server was quite observant. I asked for some ice for my drink only once and she kept on refilling it when needed. It's not hard to do but I still appreciated it.
3. Fun Playroom - Their kids playroom will impress both kids and kids at heart. There's a lot of toys, a place to rest and a big slide. Ben and his cousin Basti had a great time there.
4. Yummy food - I enjoyed our meals, even Ben's kiddie servings. Adobo is always my comfort food and their version didn't disappont. Needless to say, the food during the reception was superb.
5. The salon - I liked the efficient service of the salon where I had my hair and make-up done. I didn't feel rushed but was done within an hour. Their stylist understood the simple, neat and pretty look I was going for.
6. The afternoon turn down service - Aside from making sure our room is clean in the middle of the day, we got fruits and pastries to fill our tummies.
7. Wifi availability - a definite plus for techies like Bryant and I. We're glad wireless internet was available in the rooms. It makes uploading photos easier .
8. Handling of evrnts - John and Deb, the lovely couple, had a great team helping them style and plan their wedding. It's a good thing also that the hotel management and staff were able to efficiently help them implement their plans. This may not be a big deal but among my favorites were the lemon water and cold towels offered during the wedding ceremony. It's the little things that leave a big impression.
9. Spacious Rooms - we only booked their basic room but it was already quite big with a balcony to sit on and get some fresh air. There's a bathtub, too, which Ben really enjoyed :) The bed was big enough for the three of us considering Ben moves around a lot while sleeping.
10. After check-out service - to be perfectly honest, I might not have written about our experience if not for this one. The day after we checked out, we realized we might have left something in the resort. Bry emailed them and the staff immediately called back and said they found it and will send it to our hosts so it can be returned back to us. I was quite impressed that they got back to our email with an actual phone call.
Too bad we couldn't share many photos, it was a challenge documenting our stay while running after Ben. Hopefully we'll get a chance to go back there soon. Thanks J and D for inviting us and for Shangrila Boracay for making our stay relaxing and fun :)