Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Thank You, Doc Miguel...


This is the last text message that I received from my kids' pedia pulmo.  It was the last text message he sent from his phone.  Dr. Miguel Javier passed away yesterday.  He had a heart attack as he was about to make a house call to us.  His wife called me this evening with the sad news.  

I am heartbroken.  Dr. Javier and his wife would visit us almost every other week because the kids have asthma and allergic rhinitis.  He has seen me in my worst days as I panic whenever the kids are sick. He patiently listens to my worries and answers my questions about the different types of medicines.  Over time, he has become not just a doctor but a friend as well.  He'd remember the kids' birthdays and would give them birthday and Christmas gifts.  He would call me to check on the kids a few days after he prescribes medicines to see if their response to them were ok.  He'd also check on the helpers and yayas when they're sick.   The whole household will surely miss him.

I remember how we first met.  I was scouting for a pedia-pulmonogist in the internet and his name came up.  I set an appointment for Ben but almost didn't make it but the secretary told me to still come over even if we were late.  I never would have thought he would be such an important part of our lives.  I am thankful to God that He sent Dr. Javier to take care of our kids even if it's
just during these early years.

My heart goes out to his family.  I've met
his wife and kids and could only imagine the pain they are going through.  I pray that God would bless his soul and comfort his family.  

Thank you, Doc Miguel for all you have done.  I'm missing you already.  Please watch over me, Bry and the kids.  Please pray for us and ask God to help heal us whenever we get sick.  We love you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm so sorry to bother you. I came across your blog as I was searching for Dr Javier's contact details. He was my daughter's pediatrician prior to moving to Singapore 8 years ago. I'm so sorry to hear that he passed away :( By any chance, would you know who took over his practice or where I can find access to my daughter's old medical records (such as immunization records). I tried calling Cardinal Santos but they couldn't provide any information. Hoping to hear from you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete