Sunday, January 13, 2013

Halfway there ... :)

25 weeks and counting, thank you Lord for watching over us as we go through this pregnancy.

It has been quite an interesting journey so far. As we enter the 6th month, I am suppose to feel my best at this stage of the pregnancy. I guess in a way it is true. I look pregnant enough for family and friends to offer their congratulations but not big enough that I find it super hard to move about. There's not much morning sickness so I am able to enjoy my meals but I do easily feel tired. Sometimes, even going up a flight of stairs can be a chore, and my back-pain is keeping me up at night, not that I am really complaining. I'm okay as long as the twins are okay :)

Family and friends often ask if this pregnancy is harder because it's twins. My emotions are a wreck since I have double the hormones of a regular pregnancy (yeah, excuses, excuses .. but I do have blood tests to prove it, haha!). I do feel the girls kicking, one on the left, one on the right, though not at the same time (yup, we'll be blessed by two ladies, so good luck to Bry during the teenage years, hehe). But for me, the biggest difference of all is not because it is twins but more because it is the second pregnancy. When you have a 3 year old, you can't just stop and rest anytime you please. You wonder how things will change for him once the new babies are out and how you'll be able to give each child the proper attention they deserve. This keeps me awake at nights more than my backache.

My favorite part of the pregnancy is whenever Ben kisses my tummy and says "I love you, babies!". Hearing that is like God reassuring me through Ben that everything will be alright, and if this is a preview of how he will be as a big brother, then we are truly blessed. :)

1 comment:

  1. Nats!

    CONGRATS!

    I didn't you know you were expecting!! :)

    Congrats!

    So happy for you!!

    Pero yes, its quite tiring nga.. But you'll find time for them both..

    ReplyDelete