Wednesday, February 24, 2016

On learning something new .. :)

Over the past several months, I've had the opportunity to learn some new skills.  From something basic as learning pingyin to learning how to teach kids.  It has been fun, exciting and at the same time nervewracking.  I was never a confident student during my ICA and Ateneo days, and I must admit, this hasn't changed now that I'm an adult.  Learning something new brings us out of our comfort zone.  This can be a real challenge, but I am glad to be doing it not just for myself, but for my kids.

I always try to encourage the kids to try new things, and to keep on practicing until he gets better.  By learning new things myself, they have observed me struggle, fail, then try again.  It is also a humbling experience.  You are reminded that there will always be someone more knowledgable than you, and that you should be open to their tips and constructive critisims.  Whenever I feel insecure and frustrated with my progress, I'd reflect on how the kids must feel when they encounter challenges during their classes and try to stay positive the way I hope he will.  



My prayer is that my kids will have a positive attitide towards learning and that I will have the patience and efficiency of the teachers I have the honor of learning from.

How about you? What new skills would you learn given the chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment