Tuesday, December 15, 2015

What are you grateful for? :)




This month has given me a lot of challenges, but I try to remind myself to focus on the positive and be grateful.  It may seem simple, but it's not always easy, especially when you feel like ranting.  The practice of finding something grateful each day is something  I hope I can pass along to the kids.  When we say our nighttime prayers, I would ask Ben what he's grateful for.  I do hope he'd make that a habit.

As for me, I admit, it takes some effort to be grateful at the end of a long tiring day.  But as I attempt to be a good example to the kids, here are some of the things I am thankful for that I've mentioned in our recent nighttime prayers

I am thankful for
- the good job cards Ben gets from school
- the helpers at home for being into arts and crafts which makes our DIY projects more fun
- Supportive mommy friends
- Bree and Bea singing Christmas songs at home
- Bry already being already home the other day just when I was about to text him if he has left the office
- My quick phone chats with my mom and brother
- My one-on-one chat with Papa during Sundays 
- For being able to talk to my parent In-laws about ALDUB

These things may not be a big deal, but after taking some moments and acknowledging them, I feel that I have some energy to smile and take care of my family. And of our course, a powernap and doing some coloring won't hurt.

How about you? What are you most grateful for as we get ready to celebrate the birth of Christ and the start of another year?

*photo and qoute from instagram's yogainspirations


No comments:

Post a Comment