Thursday, September 20, 2012

Disney Live in Manila!

We took Ben to his first concert last weekend. We got tickets to the Disney Live : Mickey's Rockin' Road Show last Friday . I found out about it because they were giving 20% discount to citibank card holders. I was the first one to actually buy tickeys from the SM megamall business center. I was sure because the ticket agent in charge was not yet given an official memo to apply the discount and I had to call Ticketnet so they can coordinate with SM. I was about 5 minutes late in fetching Ben that day but it was worth it.

Anyway, I can't remember the last time I was in Araneta so the first thing that I noticed was the carpark building they built right beside the venue. This was a good move since I remember how much Bry and I dreaded parking the last time we were there.

Now on to the show proper, I thought it was really good. The performers were very engaging and they really encourage the kids to participate. The length was just about right and they had quite a variety of characters (wish there were more, though :) ) Ben especially loved watching Woody, Buzz and the soldiers. At first I thought that having the actual mascots of the Toy Story Characters would have better but then again they wouldn't be able to do the stunts the actors did. And where were Daisy, Pluto, Chip and Dale?  All in all, the performers were quite talented and the visual effects adequately stimulating for the kids. I think Ben had a great time and we'll definitely do it again next time.

I am glad Ben is now at a stage when we can take him to live shows like this. I miss watching concerts and stage plays which Bry and I used to do a lot before we had Ben. Who knows, he might be ready for a live band concert next time Maroon 5 performs here in Manila, hehe


No comments:

Post a Comment